The objective of ATTRACTISS is to improve & embed competencies, approaches, instruments & governance models for Member States (MS) AKIS and specifically for Innovation Support Services (ISS) as a crucial AKIS actor, to enable them accelerating individual grassroots innovative ideas to come to fruition & to generate solutions for the transition process to more sustainable agriculture & forestry.
ATTRACTISS has the goals to
- empower ISS & all AKIS actors, through capacity building & provision of effective methods & supportive tools, to discover innovative ideas & enable uptake in a co-creative way thereby fostering AKIS ecosystem building to support the transition to sustainable and circular agriculture & forestry systems
- support Managing Authorities (MA) in all EU MS to organise & monitor efficient support for ISS;
- provide support for new actors in AKIS processes to better facilitate co-creation approaches involving farming, practitioners & research centres.
ATTRACTISS achieves these goals by
- setting up an EU wide network for ISSs that allows to connect, develop common understanding, vision & capacities about their roles & functions within the AKIS. This ultimately leads to the development of an ecosystem in favour of Multi-Actor Approaches (MAA) & innovative projects;
- building upon and giving continuity to other previous initiatives to focus on ISSs & broaden the networks;
- systematizing the current databases & tools for ISSs to provide a unique virtual location for tools & guidelines to support best practice;
- providing a step change in the provision of support & training for key actors in MAA & ISS across MS which builds knowledge, understanding & confidence in the practical delivery & benefits of these approaches;
- enabling institutional dialogue among ISSs & MAs based on enhanced understanding of the potential to organize ISS in a way that will lead to targeted CAP interventions for the integration of ISS within the AKIS.
The Institute of Agricultural Economics will work as WP leader, and take part in every work package of the project.