EFFECT - Environmental public goods From Farming through Effective Contract Targeting
The Effect Project was launched on 1 May 2019, with the aim of developing new contractual frameworks, enabling farmers to reconcile agricultural productivity with enhanced delivery of environmental and climate public goods and services to the benefit of society at large.
It facilitates the co-development of agri-environmental contract arrangements, combining agricultural and environmental science knowledge with theoretical and empirical insights from law, political science and economics
- To synthesize evidence from previous and ongoing initiatives, contract arrangements and collaboration formats (vertical and horizontal; full-scale, pilot and experimental), drawing lessons learned from past experiences – whether failures or successes.
- To co-develop new contract arrangements using a multi-actor process. We will build effectively on existing knowledge, anchoring lessons learned in practice, and stimulating adoption of innovative contractual arrangements. We will effectively communicate and exchange lessons learned and support capacity-building among decisionmakers and stakeholders at regional, national and EU levels.
- To identify institutional and organizational enablers and barriers for uptake of new delivery frameworks in different policy and implementation contexts;
- To identify key ecological and economic features that co-determine whether practice- or results-based contracts and compliance monitoring are more effective.
- To characterize, develop and test incentive mechanisms that encourage uptake and coordination amongst farmers, and identify ecological, economic, social and institutional factors that will co-determine effective designs for individual and collective contracts.
- To test innovative contractual arrangements among a carefully selected range of contract innovation cases across Europe.
JOIN OUR EUROPEAN-WIDE AGRO-ENVIRONMENTAL COMMUNITY
- Are you a farmer, a forester, a policy maker or an agri-food business operator interested in the pursue of environmental public goods?
- Are you a member of an innovative, inspiring, ground-breaking agri-environmental cluster or HUB?
- Are you interested in being involved in the dissemination process of the EFFECT project, and to be involved in an international network of agro-environmental partners?
If your answer is YES to any of these questions, please join the Effect Community to receive up-to-date information.
For further information please visit the Effect Project Homepage. Social media will be launched in the next months.